Welcome to Diane's Blog - Canning and Cooking at Home
Celebrating #Choctoberfest 2016 in style by baking up my ooey gooey sinful chocolate skillet cake. I love making this for parties, it does disappear fast! Perfect for the Holidays!! Thanks to Barlean's - one of the sponsors of #Choctoberfest 2016 for letting me test some of their products! I love the Organic Coconut Oil that is Butter Flavor, it bakes one for one like real butter - great in this skillet cake and also great for cooking and frying!
Barlean's Organic Coconut Oil is Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free and No Trans Fat!
Ooey Gooey Chocolate Skillet Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch, oven-safe skillet.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar with the brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk the half-and-half with the melted butter. Sprinkle in the chocolate pieces and vanilla extract, stir to combine.
3. Add the half-and-half mixture to the flour mixture and mix just until fully combined. Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and smooth into an even layer.
4. Drizzle the coffee over the batter but, do not stir, then place the skillet to the oven.
5. Bake until the cake is set at the edges but still looks jiggly in the center when you move the skillet, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe/Photos/Review of Product by: Diane Baker for Canning and Cooking at Home
~ To print or save any recipe - click on the Recipe Title/Heading, let load and then hit the button below ~